Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
(Bach Flower) Impatiens Person
- He is an impatient person. He manages to attract lazy people – Scleranthus people, who postpone doing things by saying that they have enough time.
- For an Impatiens person, time is important, while the person opposite him does not feel so. His train will leave at 12 noon. But, he will arrive at the station by 10 am. His wife will be so patient that she will start her preparations to leave only by 10 AM. He will turn into Beech and Willow.
We want to finish our tasks faster when we are stuck in a traffic jam or a queue. Bach Flower Remedy Impatiens or Animal Spirit Guide Wolf will help you in such situations to finish them faster.
Don’t get impatient, for you may never arrive at your destination
One day a neighbour of mine was planning to go to a Jewellery shop by 10 am. His plan is to leave the house by 9 AM and come back before 12 noon as per the instructions of his astrologer. Being an impatient person, he told his relatives to join him the day before. He informed them in advance on his plan of action.
At 9 am, except for the two – which includes his wife, everybody was ready. When he yelled at his wife, he fell down. Now everybody could go except for him to the Jewellery shop!
Beware what you pray for…as you will get it!
Shanti prayed to Animal Spirit Guide Wolf, “Today I am paying fees for my son’s education. Nobody should be there, so that I can finish my work faster”.
It does what you ask it to do. When she reached her son’s school, nobody was in the counter, including the cashier!
She became Willow, as she thought Wolf did not help her. She criticized that the cashiers did not know their responsibilities, as they were absent. She failed to see the notice that it was a holiday for the collection counter at the school (so impatient!).
So be careful in forming the intention, as you will get exactly what you want!
Impatient persons expect that every event properly done. Therefore, they will go one hour earlier to others.