From the Bach Flower Workshop, Bangalore 2013
Flowers are always special to me. Bach Flowers are complete by itself.
I have been taking the Bach Flower Remedy workshops for last 12 years. Every time, when I go through my previous Bach Flower Manual, I arrive at some new avenues of flower remedies.
The manual that you are having in your hands was prepared for the last workshop at Hyderabad. However, I have prepared some new combinations for you. I have worked out some 30 plus combinations for various life situations. That’s specially prepared for you, which I haven’t shared with anybody so far. I am going to give that now to you in this class.
What’s the specialty of flower remedies?
Flower remedies are the only ones for healing our minds. May be there are so many techniques to address our minds and emotions. But nothing can be as specific as flower remedies.
Basically, we have got only four emotions – fear, worry, sadness or depression, and anger. We have only these four emotions. Yet, we are not able to handle any of our emotions by ourselves.
Advantages of using flower remedies
The one advantage of flower remedy is that if you identify the flower remedy correctly, even one dose is enough to effect the required change. The disadvantage is most of the time we fail to identify the right remedies.
In spite of my 21 years of experience in prescribing flower remedies, even now, sometimes I feel after the exit of the patient, I could have given a different set of remedies. On a later date, thinking about the case, I sometimes think I could have done this (instead of that).
Another advantage of the flower remedies is, even if you take the wrong remedies, nothing will happen. It mayn’t work for you. That’s it.
You can also use the flowers along with pranic healing also by keeping the flowers active in the pranic field. A no of pranic healers after learning flower remedies, have started using flower therapy also as pranic healing tool.
There are 39 flower remedies. Out of which one is a combination, which was suggested by Dr. Edward Bach himself.
He was alive during the 20th century. He travelled through the wild forests of England and found out about 38 remedies within a span of 10-12 years. By the time, he completed his research, it was around late 1930s, and he died.
When he died, he said the research was over. But his own disciple Dr. Bailey continued the research and came out with some more flower essences. Currently, all over the world, there are more than 5000 essences available. But unfortunately, none of those flower essences are as specific as Bach Flowers.
These researchers say that these essences work like Bach Flowers and vice versa. For every flower essences they quote by comparing the Dr Bach flowers only. Even though, there are volumes of information about these essences, I never had any inclination to look into those flowers as Bach Flowers are complete and whole.
A brief on Bach Flower Remedies: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
How Bach Flower Remedies are prescribed: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7L
How to use Bach Flower Remedies: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7R
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.