Notes from Naran’s workshops on Bach Flower Remedies
One needs to experiment with Bach flowers to know the effects of each of the remedies.
Raju – a student of Naran would try out different things with Bach Flower Remedies. He would carry and intake one flower at a time and study the results of using that remedy.
Raju found out whenever he takes WALNUT, people come and talk to him on friendly terms (Walnut develops rapport and makes you to understand the other person. It has lot more properties too). And when he took GORSE, people showed lots of respect for his opinions.
Others will understand you
If you tend to be critical with your associates, take BEECH and WALNUT. It will help you to communicate with them wonderfully. They will understand where you are coming from.
Rapport with the new CEO
Krishna had an interview with his new CEO. As one could expect, he was nervous. Based on the consultation with Naran, he threw few WALNUT pills under his seat.
He had a great start with the CEO. And, after 10 years of meeting him, still Krishna has a good rapport with him.
To know more about such interesting facts about Bach Flower Remedies, please attend the workshop by Naran S Balakumar, at Bangalore, on 14th and 15thDec, 2013.
My husband’s promotion is due this year. Since last 2 years this is getting delayed. So, he is feeling very depressed and frustrated. Also, he has an opportunity to go to Indonesia from the same company.
But, once he goes there and does not like it, then he cannot come back and re-join. Also, considering his age factor and qualification, it will be difficult for him to get another job. He is in a dilemma whether to take Indonesia option or to remain here.
Ask him to take SCLERANTHUS, the Bach flower remedy, three doses of 5 pills.
Chant SHIVOHUM continuously for 20 minutes in the morning and night before sleep.
Let Shiva’s intelligence guide me: SHIVOHUM
When you have to choose one of two options available to you: SCLERANTHUS
I had severe cold, cough, sore throat and high fever. Instead of taking any pill, I started chanting WALNUT, CRAB APPLE, WHITE CHESTNUT and YELLOW SAPPHIRE.
Within 24 hours I became fine.
All thanks to your guidance. May God always bless you!
The combination of Bach Flower Remedies Walnut, Crab Apple, and White Chestnut is a good physical cleanser, which can remove all types of infections.
Sore throat: the Gem Remedy Yellow Sapphire is good for throat. Thus, it is a great remedy for singers and speakers.
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Dr Meenakshi Jagadisan
My mother is 90 years old and she was admitted to the hospital. She is a known heart patient and has been on regular medication. She was admitted to the hospital for giddiness. Profuse sweating and she was drowsy. On admission all her investigations were near normal and the diagnosis could not be established as to the exact cause of her drowsiness.
At that point in time I rang up Balakumar and he advised me to chant, “WHITE CHESTNUT, SWEET CHESTNUT” and to visualize the energy going from the Basic Chakra to Crown Chakra and Vice Versa. And also to accept whatever is the Divine will as we do not know what will be the outcome.
Only 2 days before my mother had celebrated her 90th birthday and this hospitalization made everybody sad.
I started chanting as per his advice with visualisation of the energy flow in my mother for a few hours though intermittently from morning and by late evening my mother regained consciousness and could respond.
Balakumar always says that the Divine is always by our side ever ready to come to our rescue that we forget to seek/ ask for help.
I thank the Divine Bach Flowers White Chestnut and Sweet Chestnut and Naran for his valuable guidance and timely advice.
I wish and pray that more and more people benefit from Mr. Balakumar’ advice and treatment. Even though I am a practicing allopathic doctor, I had always felt that Balakumar is a Divine Physician – medicines at Zero cost and 100% effective with no side effects.
May mankind and more and more people benefit from him.
With my humble Pranams
Why White Chestnut? When diagnostic investigations are near normal and the diagnosis could not be established as to the exact cause of her drowsiness, White chestnut is the remedy for this condition. “Clinically normal but symptoms persist” is White chestnut.
Though for her concern for the mother, she has to be prescribed RED CHESTNUT; White chestnut was given instead, because in her over anxiety, mentally she had become “that person -her mother”.
Of course, Sweet chestnut was given for divine intervention.
“The power needed in yoga is the power to go through effort, difficulty or trouble without getting fatigued, depressed, discouraged or impatient and without breaking off the effort or giving up one’s aim or resolution.”
– The Mother
When can you use this flower?
- For any obstacle or hindrance
- If there is a delay, obstruction, opposition or restriction, for example, if there is a delay in getting the offer. What can you do then? You can take the picture and meditate upon it.
- Just look at it for a while, if the project or something else is delayed. Let us say, marriage is delayed.
- If there is a stumbling block in your way, say a person is hindering, sabotaging or preventing you from doing anything…
- You are stopped from getting a promotion…“Let this girl need not get a job, a colleague might work towards it”
These can be categorized as obstruction, prevention and sabotage. In all these areas of problems, the Hibiscus flower can be used as a beautiful remedy.
The Hibiscus with this color only (Hawaii Hibiscus flower) has got that healing power. In fact, Mother has discussed about 15 varieties of Hibiscus flowers. Only the Hawaii Hibiscus flower has the qualities I have mentioned.
Have a look at the picture of the Hibiscus flower. You are blessed if you just get an opportunity to see it. Both the picture and pills of the flowers are available in the centre. The original flower is from Hawaii. Outside of the flower will be in yellowish orange, while its inside is red in color.
I am a student of Shobana, who teaches yoga in the Bach Flower Center.
Few months back, my cook’s daughter Hema got married. She visited my home a couple of days of back and mentioned to me that her wheezing has increased just after her marriage.
I consulted Shobana, who after hearing the details, asked me to give Hema, the Bach Flower Remedy Walnut. After taking the Walnut pills a couple of times, Hema’s condition got significantly improved.
Shobana explained to me later, as this has happened after Hema’s marriage – a transition in her life, Walnut has helped her to resolve her health issue.