From the Bach Flower Workshop, Bangalore 2013
Flowers are always special to me. Bach Flowers are complete by itself.
I have been taking the Bach Flower Remedy workshops for last 12 years. Every time, when I go through my previous Bach Flower Manual, I arrive at some new avenues of flower remedies.
The manual that you are having in your hands was prepared for the last workshop at Hyderabad. However, I have prepared some new combinations for you. I have worked out some 30 plus combinations for various life situations. That’s specially prepared for you, which I haven’t shared with anybody so far. I am going to give that now to you in this class.
What’s the specialty of flower remedies?
Flower remedies are the only ones for healing our minds. May be there are so many techniques to address our minds and emotions. But nothing can be as specific as flower remedies.
Basically, we have got only four emotions – fear, worry, sadness or depression, and anger. We have only these four emotions. Yet, we are not able to handle any of our emotions by ourselves.
Advantages of using flower remedies
The one advantage of flower remedy is that if you identify the flower remedy correctly, even one dose is enough to effect the required change. The disadvantage is most of the time we fail to identify the right remedies.
In spite of my 21 years of experience in prescribing flower remedies, even now, sometimes I feel after the exit of the patient, I could have given a different set of remedies. On a later date, thinking about the case, I sometimes think I could have done this (instead of that).
Another advantage of the flower remedies is, even if you take the wrong remedies, nothing will happen. It mayn’t work for you. That’s it.
You can also use the flowers along with pranic healing also by keeping the flowers active in the pranic field. A no of pranic healers after learning flower remedies, have started using flower therapy also as pranic healing tool.
There are 39 flower remedies. Out of which one is a combination, which was suggested by Dr. Edward Bach himself.
He was alive during the 20th century. He travelled through the wild forests of England and found out about 38 remedies within a span of 10-12 years. By the time, he completed his research, it was around late 1930s, and he died.
When he died, he said the research was over. But his own disciple Dr. Bailey continued the research and came out with some more flower essences. Currently, all over the world, there are more than 5000 essences available. But unfortunately, none of those flower essences are as specific as Bach Flowers.
These researchers say that these essences work like Bach Flowers and vice versa. For every flower essences they quote by comparing the Dr Bach flowers only. Even though, there are volumes of information about these essences, I never had any inclination to look into those flowers as Bach Flowers are complete and whole.
A brief on Bach Flower Remedies: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
How Bach Flower Remedies are prescribed: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7L
How to use Bach Flower Remedies: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7R
Notes from Naran’s workshops on Bach Flower Remedies
One needs to experiment with Bach flowers to know the effects of each of the remedies.
Raju – a student of Naran would try out different things with Bach Flower Remedies. He would carry and intake one flower at a time and study the results of using that remedy.
Raju found out whenever he takes WALNUT, people come and talk to him on friendly terms (Walnut develops rapport and makes you to understand the other person. It has lot more properties too). And when he took GORSE, people showed lots of respect for his opinions.
Others will understand you
If you tend to be critical with your associates, take BEECH and WALNUT. It will help you to communicate with them wonderfully. They will understand where you are coming from.
Rapport with the new CEO
Krishna had an interview with his new CEO. As one could expect, he was nervous. Based on the consultation with Naran, he threw few WALNUT pills under his seat.
He had a great start with the CEO. And, after 10 years of meeting him, still Krishna has a good rapport with him.
To know more about such interesting facts about Bach Flower Remedies, please attend the workshop by Naran S Balakumar, at Bangalore, on 14th and 15thDec, 2013.
I have a doubt. I want to take Mimulus + Aspen + Larch. Can I mix all medicine drops with water? Or I give some gap between these medicines?
Someone told me that a sugar pill is better than drops. How many drops are good to take at a time? How many times a day?
Both drops and pills have same effect.
MIMULUS and LARCH can be combined.
Why do you want to combine MIMULUS and ASPEN?
Mimulus is for specific fear and Aspen for unknown imaginary fears. Both will not exist simultaneously. For Mimulus, fear exists, while for Aspen, fear will not be present. Therefore, when there is Aspen fear, Mimulus fear will not be there. Mimulus is for specific situations – e.g., fear of diagnostic investigations, fear of something or someone.
If you want to take both the remedies, separate them. Take one in the morning and the other one in the evening. In general, when you are taking multiple remedies, give a gap of one to two minutes between them.
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
And Part II: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7L
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part III
The moment you think about the flower, it is already here. In fact, because it is there, you do think about it.
- You can buy the pills either from the centre or from a homeopathy shop.
- You can take 3 to 4 pills for once or 100 times. It doesn’t matter. If one drop of a remedy doesn’t work, 100 drops of the remedy too will not work. Extras will not make a difference.
Intention is important as well as trust. Taking the remedies is important. However, how much is not important. Trust in nothing but god.
- Just thinking about them will work.
- If we write the names of flowers in a piece of paper, they work.
- If you can’t get the pills, write the names in a notebook.
- Keep it (notebook or paper) with you and look at it every day.
- Chant the names of the remedies daily, as they are expressions of divinity.
- Hold the glass of water, repeat the name of the remedy and drink it.
Remedy means HELP! By chanting their names, they come to our AID.
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Being child-less, in spite of various attempts is the greatest anguish, similar to the drought – a totally dry and listless life.
The Rain Mantra – “SWEET CHESTNUT CHESTNUT BUD WILD ROSE ROCK ROSE”- which brings rain, putting an end to the dryness, can put an end to the dry listless life too. Chanting of this mantra will bring transformation and liveliness as rain brings cheers to the people in drought.
Parents losing their child when he was young
They will come to the stage of being totally desolated–“Nirgathi”. At this stage nothing will make sense to them, hopelessly lost in their own worries and despair and finding no motivation to do anything about life.
How does Rain mantra help in this situation?
SWEET CHESTNUT: When you are in extreme anguish, Sweet chestnut is the remedy
WILD ROSE: makes them come out of their lack of motivation to lead a happy life
CHESTNUT BUD: to learn and understand that life has more to offer
ROCK ROSE: somebody would lead them out of their miseries
As those people who suffered loss of either their spouse or child suddenly and unexpectedly mayn’t do anything about their situation, we have to do it for them. Write in a piece of paper using circle technique, the names of the remedies. Chant for them too.
No job in sight for so long
SWEET CHESTNUT: desperate situation needing a divine intervention
CHESTNUT BUD: they would have committed one mistake or other in the previous job(s) or interviews. The Chestnut bud flower will make them learn, so that they will not repeat the same mistake again.
WILD ROSE: A state of apathy and lack of interest in life
ROCK ROSE: determination, fortitude and readiness to face anything in life, will help one succeed in life
I have never been in the same job for more than 10 months. Either, I change project within the same company, so going to a different location or completely shifting to another company. Due to this, I always feel unsettled and unstable.
Take the following remedies:
- SCLERANTHUS: The unsteady mind will always have an unsettled life. One day you have the desire to go for the job. The very next day you have resistance to go to the job (changeable mood or mood swings). Scleranthus will give you a steady and stable mind, and helps you settle down.
- HORNBEAM: Of course steadiness in the job for 10-15 years doesn’t indicate growth. You need to move forward in life.
- ROCK ROSE: To have determination and commitment and a “never-say-die spirit”
- WALNUT: You would have taken this pattern from one of your parents or ancestors. To break the pattern, Walnut is needed.
- The fifth could be any one of the following three, based on your mental states:
- Gentian: To be upbeat and optimistic in all circumstances
- Willow: if you have resentment and feel that your counter-parts or juniors are doing better, even though you are better qualified.
- Larch: if you think others are smart and more capable than in utilizing their opportunities, while you are not (lack of confidence)
All remedies have to be taken separately; two pills each, with a gap of five minutes, and twice a day.
Chant the switch words:
MOVE ON FIND COUNT DIVINE JOB
Move on: now you are not in a job, so you need to move on,
Find Count Divine: to get a good salary
I need help which switch word for my financials. I need a huge, huge sum of money by the end of this month. But I don´t have them. I am desperate. Can you please help me? I need the advice how often and how I should chant? I am so desperate and I don’t have anyone else to ask for the help.
Chant MUSTARD FIND COUNT DIVINE NOW ON. Chant this as many times as possible.
I have read that you sometimes suggest SWEET CHESTNUT and IMPATIENS, but in my case you suggest MUSTARD. Is there a difference in these words?
Yes there is a difference as healing varies from one person to another.
Thanks for your answer. I have chanted MUSTARD FIND COUNT DIVINE NOW ON since you gave me the words yesterday and somehow I feel something inside me. Can’t explain what it is, but it seems to like the words are talking to me… Strange?
Loona (after two weeks)
I have now chanted the suggested words you gave me and already I have seen some positive changes in my financials. I am so grateful and just would like to thank you. I will continue chanting the words; there are still some changes I need. But the switch words are magic, I feel it inside me.
Mustard is a Bach Flower, the key word of which is “Huge Huge Money”. Mustard only can generate so much of money.
Find Count Divine is the standard switch word combination for finding money.
When you want it? Now
And you want it non-stop without fail: On
A month before, the temperature in Bangalore was above 43. As usual there is a scarcity of water all over the world. I was really troubled and wondered how we could put up our life in this situation, in this big city. NO RAINS, NO WATER.
I had read in one of your blogs about no rains in Chennai and the prayers that you all had put together: http://www.naranheal.com/archives/362.
I had noted a few notes on the BACH FLOWER REMEDIES. And LO, I started chanting those FLOWER NAMES sitting in the bus one evening: “SWEET CHESTNUT, WILD ROSE, CHESTNUT BUD”.
After 3 days of chanting for 108 times, slight gloomy weather started. Almost after 5-6 days, it started raining heavily, down pouring in Bangalore as well as in other places of Karnataka. I was so excited that I thanked GOD for listening to my prayers. Just hope that we get good rains, and good crops to live a moderate and happy life. At the same time, I pray to the all the living beings of this world to make the PROPER USAGE of the NATURE’S PRODUCTS. Thanks to NARAN and SHOBANA once again.
Next time add ROCK ROSE also (“SWEET CHESTNUT WILD ROSE CHESTNUT BUD ROCK ROSE”).
Rockrose means instant help without any expectation. It will help in a public cause.