How Bach Flower Remedies are prescribed?
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Clear the Darkness of Shade Shani
I was told that at present my nephew and I are under the influence of the planet Sani (Saturn). I am also going to the temple every Sat and burning the black sesame bundle with oil for both of us. What else can I do in terms of gem remedies and Bach flowers? Also is it ok for me to do for my nephew as he is only 6 yrs old.
Don’t worry about your nephew. He is only 6 years old. Nothing will affect him.
Take the Bach flower remedy MUSTARD daily two doses of three pills each. This will help you. Mustard will give you light, wherever there is darkness. Shade Shani is based on your birth star. The moon represents mind and when it is under the influence of Saturn, a dark cloud is formed over the Moon (mind). Mustard will lift off this cover.
Mustard – “For those who are liable to times of gloom (darkness) …” Dr. Edward Bach, who discovered the flower remedies.
The yellow Mustard plant spreads on the land well reminding the rays of the sun. The light will dispel the darkness of the mind and uplift it to joy.
Got my US Visa approved after lots of issues
Below is the case history you had wanted me to send you, Sorry about the delay… I want to mail you after I got my passport, which I got only on Monday.
I came to the US about 3 years back on Student Visa (F1) and after finishing my studies I applied for a Professional Working visa (H1B) this year. After my 2 year studies I had an OPT period of one year, where I will be allowed to work legally in the area of my study.
During my OPT period I had a personal emergency and had to travel to India. I was not aware that during this period if I leave the country, I will not be given the “Change of Status” automatically (from F1 to H1B). Without obtaining the new status, I won’t be eligible to work.
In addition, to get the H1B status I will have to go to my home country immediately after my OPT expiry, get the H1B stamping and then come back into US.
To make matters worse, my employer had forgotten that I had travelled too.
About 3 weeks back my employer received the H1 documents and this issue came to light. I was asked to go to India immediately for my H1 stamping. The situation now is such that if anyone goes to India for their stamping they are held back there for about a minimum of 2-3 months, as they have very strict rules in place now. Some of my friends who left this year beginning have still not returned back.
The only option for me was to try and go to a neighbouring country. But, the catch was since this is my first H1 stamping I will have to go to my home country.
The second concern is that there is no guarantee that the consulate I go to for my interview will have my information available in their system. In that case, if I turn up for my interview and my details don’t exist in their database I will have to stay in that country till my information reflects in their system (for about 10-15 days).
Or the worse situation will be I will be asked to go to my home country for my stamping. I didn’t have a choice but to risk it all and give it a try.
I immediately got in touch with Naran S Balakumar and he asked me to chant “GORSE WILD ROSE SCLERANTHUS MIMULUS”.
Last week, I left the US for my visa stamping. The day I was leaving the US I got in touch with Naran again. I told him about the uncertainty I was facing. He asked me to chant “WATER VIOLET ROCK WATER LARCH GENTIAN WILD ROSE”. In addition, I have to call upon the animal spirit “WOLF”, request Wolf to interview me and ensure my details be available in the consulate’s system.
Fortunately, I had one of the best experiences ever, as my friend’s father is a Diplomat in the Indian Embassy. Due to which, I got a “Red Carpet” greeting during my visit. I stayed at my friend’s parent’s house for about a week. On the day of my interview to my astonishment I was asked only 2 questions – one about my employment and the other about why I had come there for stamping rather than going to my home country. That’s it! No more questions! My Visa was approved!!!
What made the whole experience pleasant and memorable is that I was in a foreign land where I had a place to stay. I was taken care of very well. And everything was taken care off for me!!!
I am very grateful to Naran S Balakumar for all his help during this difficult time.
GORSE: when you feel hopeless about a situation
WILDROSE: not to become apathetic if visa application is rejected
SCLERANTHUS: for the confusion, whether to go back to India or not
MIMULUS: fear of getting Visa application rejected
WATER VIOLET, ROCK WATER, LARCH, GENTIAN and WILDROSE: a good combination to get your visa or get our done in the Indian government offices.
WOLF: the animal spirit can be called upon for any kind of help
I had to make a presentation to a delegation that came from Europe. The presentation was an overview and update of our business. At the end of the meeting / presentation, we were looking for investment from the European / Global division of the visiting company.
The night before the presentation I spoke to Mohan and asked him for some tips. He asked me to draw two sets of concentric circles:
- One with my name in the centre and WATER VIOLET, LARCH, GENTIAN and WILD ROSE in the outer circles in that order and
- Another one with my name in the centre along with the person I was making the presentation to, date and location and ELM, GORSE and HEATHER in the outer circles in that order.
I drew these circles on two sheets of paper and took them along with me in to the meeting room. The meeting started at 10 a.m. and my turn came at around 4 p.m.
What I observed during the day was that the main person in the visiting team was someone who did not smile through the day and did not really give away any of his emotions / views. When I started presenting, I suddenly felt very comfortable and at ease and I actually smiled during my presentation. This, in a way, forced a smile on that person who was tight-lipped and was on guard. In fact, he said a few words in appreciation of the work we are doing too.
WATER VIOLET, LARCH, GENTIAN and WILD ROSE: a good combination for any interviews including Visa Interviews, and for meeting with big bosses
ELM, GORSE and HEATHER: Heather will make people listen to you, while Elm and Gorse will increase your capacity / skill
I was about to give a presentation to engineering students from Anna University. Naran asked me to chant OAK and MUSTARD to prepare the presentation, and write “ELM, GORSE and HORNBEAM” on a piece of paper and keep it with me while giving the lecture. Without fail it worked wonders.
OAK: for smart presentation
MUSTARD: to know what the students would expect and meet them; will throw light to us to understand the needs of the students
ELM, GORSE and HORNBEAM: teacher’s remedy for taking classes