Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Being child-less, in spite of various attempts is the greatest anguish, similar to the drought – a totally dry and listless life.
The Rain Mantra – “SWEET CHESTNUT CHESTNUT BUD WILD ROSE ROCK ROSE”- which brings rain, putting an end to the dryness, can put an end to the dry listless life too. Chanting of this mantra will bring transformation and liveliness as rain brings cheers to the people in drought.
Parents losing their child when he was young
They will come to the stage of being totally desolated–“Nirgathi”. At this stage nothing will make sense to them, hopelessly lost in their own worries and despair and finding no motivation to do anything about life.
How does Rain mantra help in this situation?
SWEET CHESTNUT: When you are in extreme anguish, Sweet chestnut is the remedy
WILD ROSE: makes them come out of their lack of motivation to lead a happy life
CHESTNUT BUD: to learn and understand that life has more to offer
ROCK ROSE: somebody would lead them out of their miseries
As those people who suffered loss of either their spouse or child suddenly and unexpectedly mayn’t do anything about their situation, we have to do it for them. Write in a piece of paper using circle technique, the names of the remedies. Chant for them too.
No job in sight for so long
SWEET CHESTNUT: desperate situation needing a divine intervention
CHESTNUT BUD: they would have committed one mistake or other in the previous job(s) or interviews. The Chestnut bud flower will make them learn, so that they will not repeat the same mistake again.
WILD ROSE: A state of apathy and lack of interest in life
ROCK ROSE: determination, fortitude and readiness to face anything in life, will help one succeed in life
Two days back (Dec 14th night) my sister was travelling from Chennai to Madurai by train. At that time somebody had taken her baggage and left the train. She noticed that after 5 min, once the train has started to move. Therefore, she was helpless and gave a complaint to the Railway Police. She was very upset about the incident, as she has kept 2 lakhs worth Jewellery in the baggage that was lost.
I was seeking my friends circle for help. That time, yesterday (Dec 16th), one of my friends asked me to chant a mantra (ELM GORSE ROCK ROSE). He told to continuously chant this mantra, believe myself, and then I would get the baggage.
So yesterday night onwards my sister was chanting this mantra. Today, in the evening, she got the call from the person who had taken the baggage by mistake. He told her that they took the baggage by mistake. Asked sorry for their late reply and they will produce the baggage in the night, at her place.
We believed in this mantra and want to know more details about your teaching process…
Then I saw other Bach Flower Remedies in the form of some treatment tips. You have given so many mantras for different problems. That’s why I want to know the details. Please reply as soon as possible.
Elm, Gorse and Rock rose are Bach Flower Remedies that are available in Homeopathy shop, which we are supposed to take when we have certain mental states. However, from my experience and experiences of my students and patients, I had found that even chanting the names of the flower names produces results, as in the case of your sister. Thanks for sharing her experience and your interest to know about the remedies.
Rock Rose: For getting panic. Your sister would have started panicking moment she realised that she had lost her baggage.
Gorse: when we become hopeless
Elm: for overwhelming situations
For harmony in relationships and family, I have formed certain combinations:
- The standard combination I give is Beech, Willow, Walnut, Cherry plum and Chicory
- Another one I give is Agrimony, instead of Cherry plum (Agrimony Beech Willow Walnut Chicory)
- Agrimony, Beech, Walnut and Wild Rose is another one
- Finally: Beech, Walnut, Holly, Willow and Cherry plum
- Project the flowers Sweet Chestnut, Holy, Vine, Water violet for violence in the world
How to finalize the combination required?
Based on the symptoms and situations mentioned below, decide which combination suits you:
- Somebody wants peace give them Agrimony combination. Where there is Agrimony, there is peace. Just to maintain peace, they will not blame or criticise anybody.
- Beech: for fault-finding and criticizing
- Willow: blaming others for our problems
- Walnut: for any two person to adjust with each other
- Chicory: not to be possessive. The possessive mentality will lead to suspicion.
- Cherry Plum: in the midst of a conflict, one should not loose control.
- In the family there will be a lot of hatred and suspicion: Chicory and Holly.
- Wild rose: when we are not able to come out of the rut. Wild rose will liberate us from the problem. Wild rose will give inner motivation to live the life in full and not to loose interest.
Get out of prison – any prison?
Somebody is in jail. To bring them out Sweet Chestnut, Wild rose and Chestnut bud.