Notes from Naran’s workshop on Bach Flower Remedies, Nov 20th, 2010
We tend to meet people opposite to our nature, so that we continue to maintain our character. For example, a ROCK WATER – who is duty bound, meets CHESTNUT BUD a dishonest person.
Because of principles and honesty a ROCK WATER person misses so many things in life.
Notes from Naran’s talk on Bach Flower Remedies, Feb 21st, 2004
Belief-Ridden Rock Water Person
ROCK WATER is for those talking about social values, and believing that individual beliefs are not important. He will not feel guilty about being a highly principled man either.
As a ROCK WATER person is rigid in his principles and not flexible enough, this will be eventually reflected as joint problems and knee problems.
I have no connection with my daughter who married a lower caste guy. It is an act of self-denial, if he says, “I will not take food from my daughter.” He will totally deny it, even if he makes up with his daughter.
On the other hand, a CHICORY person will say he will not take food only as an emotional black mail, while the ROCK WATER does it to stick to his decision.
After 10 days of her husband’s death she will shave her head, irrespective of others saying that it’s no longer an appropriate behavior to be followed: a typical ROCK WATER person
Girl blaming husband’s family
Take SWEET CHESTNUT, WILLOW, HOLLY, ROCK WATER and CHESTNUT BUD to manage false accusations. Add PINE if you develop low self-esteem or think it’s all due to your karma.
To know more about such interesting facts about Bach Flower Remedies, please attend the workshop by Naran S Balakumar, at Bangalore, on 14th Dec, 2013. Other details will be provided later.
A typical Rock water person: http://wp.me/ptUDl-4i
Lawyers couldn’t be liars: http://wp.me/ptUDl-C
Posted in Bach Flower Remedy, Workshop
Tags: 2004, 2010, 2013, 20th, 21st, a, about, accusations, act, appropriate, attend, Bach Flower Remedies, Bangalore, Be, behavior, Belief-Ridden, beliefs, believing, black, blaming, blogs, bound, caste, character, Chestnut Bud, Chicory, Connection, continue, couldn’t, daughter, death, Dec, decision, deny, details, develop, dishonest, dishonesty, do, due, duty, emotional, example, facts, false, family, Feb, feel, flexible, followed, food, from, girl, guilty, guy, head, highly, Holly, Honesty, husband’s, important, in, individual, interesting, joint, karma, knee, know, Lawyers, Liars, Life, low, lower, mail, maintain, makes, man, manage, many, married, meet, meets, misses, more, Naran’s, nature, no, not, notes, Nov, of, on, opposite, our, people, person, Pine, principled, principles, problems, reflected, related, rigid, Rock Water, self-denial, self-esteem, shave, social, stick, Sweet Chestnut, take, talking, things, think, Typical, up, values, why, willow, with, workshop, You
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
And Part II: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7L
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part III
The moment you think about the flower, it is already here. In fact, because it is there, you do think about it.
- You can buy the pills either from the centre or from a homeopathy shop.
- You can take 3 to 4 pills for once or 100 times. It doesn’t matter. If one drop of a remedy doesn’t work, 100 drops of the remedy too will not work. Extras will not make a difference.
Intention is important as well as trust. Taking the remedies is important. However, how much is not important. Trust in nothing but god.
- Just thinking about them will work.
- If we write the names of flowers in a piece of paper, they work.
- If you can’t get the pills, write the names in a notebook.
- Keep it (notebook or paper) with you and look at it every day.
- Chant the names of the remedies daily, as they are expressions of divinity.
- Hold the glass of water, repeat the name of the remedy and drink it.
Remedy means HELP! By chanting their names, they come to our AID.
Posted in Bach Flower Remedy
Tags: about, AID, Bach Flower Remedies, Brief, buy, centre, Chant, come, daily, difference, divinity, drink, drop, every day, expressions, Extras, fact, glass, god, help, Hold, Homeopathy shop, How, how much, III, important, intention, Keep, look, make, means, moment, names, not, notebook, one, paper, part, pills, repeat, Taking, think, thinking, trust, use, water, work, write
Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Posted in Bach Flower Remedy
Tags: "I can", "I can't", 24, about, accidents, acute, add, advise, Agrimony, anger, angry, any, apathy, approach, Aspen, Bach Flower Remedies, based, BEECH. Criticise, bothered, Brief, bus, Change, chanting, Cherry Plum, Chestnut Bud, Chicory, child, Clematis, competition, complex, concentration, Confidence, control, critical, Darkness, dear one, desire, Divine, divinity, doctors, ego, embodiment, emotional, example, expression, expressions, fact, fault, faults, Fear, feel, finally, Find, first, Flower selected, focus, focused, four, Gentian, Get, Give, go, Gorse, greatly, handle, Happiness, hatred, have, Holly, honey suckle, hope, Hopelessness, horse’s, hours, How, II, important, in, indifferent, ingratitude, interest, intervention, joyful, know, Larch, level, Life, lifeline, light, Like, lose, lot, mentioned, Mimulus, Mind, miracle, Misplaced, mistakes, mixed, mouth, must, mustard, near, need, negative, no, of, on, one, oneself, others, outlook, own, pains, part, patients, personalities, pessimistic, physical, Pine, plane, pointing, possible, Pray, prescribed, rage, Red Chestnut, remedies, Remedy, remember, Resentment, resigning, revenge, Rock Rose, Sadness, say, see, seeing, Self-pride, setback, shock, show, situation, skeptical, small, soother, specific, spiritual, Star of Bethlehem, state, Stuck, superiority, Sweet Chestnut, Taking, tends, things, think, thinks, throw, ticket, Time, together, Traffic Jam, train, trauma, tremendous, tried, trust, type, upset, vervain, vine, Vishnu Sahsaranamam, want, Water Violet, while take, White Chestnut, Wild Rose, willow, words, work, worried, worry
Introduction to Bach Flower Remedies
There are 39 Bach Flower Remedies.
They can play a very important role in a person’s life.
First of all we need to understand that:
- We are not the mind
- We are not our thoughts
- We are not our emotions
- We are above that.
- That means I can watch my reaction and able to say, ‘I feel angry’, ‘I am worrying now’ and so on. This technique of self observation has to come to you.
Why I need to observe myself?
The moment you start watching the mind, the mind will stop its normal course of reacting automatically.
How our mind exists? It exists due to our thoughts and emotions.
When you start observing your thoughts and emotions, your mind will stop thinking. Therefore, it will not exist to influence us.
How do I practice this self-observation?
What are the steps to analyze our mind?
- Whenever something happens, talk to yourself, “This is what is happening to me. This is my thought. And these are my emotions”.
- In addition, ask a question, “Can I change my reaction”. This simple question will change your reaction.
- Our reactions are automatic. When we change it, the result has to be different. How?
When your reaction is ‘A’ result ‘B’ happens. When you change your reaction to ‘C’, result ‘B’ cannot happen. It has to change.
Are there any tools available to change our reactions
Why should I change my actions in a different way? Is there is any help available to me for me to change effortlessly?
Yes, it is available in the form of Bach Flower Remedies. Just by taking the Bach Flower Remedies in the form of pills you can achieve the following:
- Reduce your anger, violence and worries.
- Establish harmony and make your life peaceful.
- By all means, achieve anything and resolve any type of problem.
Posted in Bach Flower Remedy
Tags: 39, Achieve, actions, analyze, anger, angry, automatic, automatically, available, Bach Flower Remedies, Brief, Change, course, different, effortlessly, emotions, Establish, exists, feel, form, harmony, help, important, influence, Introduction, Life, means, Mind, normal, observe, Part I, peaceful, person, pills, play, practice, problem, question, reacting, reaction, reduce, resolve, result, role, self-observation, simple, steps, stop, Taking, talk, Technique, thinking, thoughts, tools, type, understand, violence, watch, way, worries, worrying, yourself