Read the first part of the article here: http://wp.me/ptUDl-7E
A Brief on Bach Flower Remedies Part II
Flower remedies are selected based on our (negative) state of mind.
- If there is fear there are four remedies – MIMULUS, ASPEN, RED CHESTNUT and ROCK ROSE. If a person has a fear then we need to give one of these remedies based on the type of fear.
- If there is worry then give WHITE CHESTNUT, AGRIMONY, PINE, or HONEY SUCKLE, as per the expression.
- Want to focus and concentration: CLEMATIS. If somebody says, “I want to be focused” then give them Clematis. If he wants concentration too then add CHESTNUT BUD to it.
How do we handle Anger?
- BEECH is a person who criticise others. He will only find faults pointing out the mistakes of others.
- WILLOW has resentment about life and others.
- CHICORY is also an angry person. He thinks that nobody does anything to him, even though he did so many things for others. Thus, he is angry at the ingratitude of others.
- HOLLY is an embodiment of rage and hatred.
- VINE: if he gets angry he will work towards taking revenge. Holly and Vine are always together.
- CHERRY PLUM: he will lose control of himself. When he gets angry he will throw things. It’s a misplaced anger at an acute state level. He might be angry at somebody. However, he will show the same at somebody else.
Other States of Mind
- Self-pride and ego: WATER VIOLET. He has a superiority complex.
- Desire to change and control other person is VERVAIN.
Beech and Vervain will come together. They are called as mixed personalities. We say child has to be like this and advise them, “don’t do this” and “don’t do that”. Beech will find fault, while Vervain desires to change others. Whenever you want to change the child, take Vervain then.
- Sadness: GENTIAN is a pessimistic person. For example, before he goes out, he is worried what will happen. Say, what if gets stuck in a traffic jam. He will always have negative approach to life. Any small setback will upset him greatly. He tends to have a negative outlook about life.
- Hopelessness: GORSE: I tried a lot of things. I don’t know whether it will work. Nothing seems to work for him. He loses his hope and therefore, does not have any trust either.
- When anyone says, “I can’t”, Larch will make him say “I can“. To have confidence in oneself Larch is the remedy. It is almost a specific remedy in any competition.
Gentian is skeptical, while Gorse would try many and finally loses hope.
You are trying to go somewhere, either by train, bus or plane. At that time you think it is not possible to get a ticket. If you take Gorse, it (hopelessness state) can be changed to joyful state. You will get a ticket.
“I want miracle to happen in my life”, when anyone says this, give them Gorse, because they are in the negative state of Gorse.
- SWEET CHESTNUT: doctors give only 24 hours lifeline for your dear one. Therefore, you feel a tremendous need to pray for divine intervention.
In fact, as long as we are seeing doctors, we won’t go near divinity. Only when the doctor says the situation is hopeless, then we focus on God. We may start chanting Vishnu Sahsaranamam. You may have desire to be spiritual. However, we don’t remember god until the critical time.
- WILD ROSE: he has no interest in life. Apathy sets in. He becomes indifferent, resigning to the life situations. It’s neither sadness nor happiness. That’s apathy, as he is not bothered about what happens around him.
- STAR OF BETHLEHEM: for accidents, shock, trauma. It is a great soother of physical and emotional pains. It is a must in all those situations.
- MUSTARD: I need to see light in my life as my whole life is in darkness. I don’t know where to go.
The patients have to say the above words and based on that you can give the remedies. All the words mentioned for the remedies should come from the horse’s mouth. Their own expressions are important.
Being child-less, in spite of various attempts is the greatest anguish, similar to the drought – a totally dry and listless life.
The Rain Mantra – “SWEET CHESTNUT CHESTNUT BUD WILD ROSE ROCK ROSE”- which brings rain, putting an end to the dryness, can put an end to the dry listless life too. Chanting of this mantra will bring transformation and liveliness as rain brings cheers to the people in drought.
Parents losing their child when he was young
They will come to the stage of being totally desolated–“Nirgathi”. At this stage nothing will make sense to them, hopelessly lost in their own worries and despair and finding no motivation to do anything about life.
How does Rain mantra help in this situation?
SWEET CHESTNUT: When you are in extreme anguish, Sweet chestnut is the remedy
WILD ROSE: makes them come out of their lack of motivation to lead a happy life
CHESTNUT BUD: to learn and understand that life has more to offer
ROCK ROSE: somebody would lead them out of their miseries
As those people who suffered loss of either their spouse or child suddenly and unexpectedly mayn’t do anything about their situation, we have to do it for them. Write in a piece of paper using circle technique, the names of the remedies. Chant for them too.
No job in sight for so long
SWEET CHESTNUT: desperate situation needing a divine intervention
CHESTNUT BUD: they would have committed one mistake or other in the previous job(s) or interviews. The Chestnut bud flower will make them learn, so that they will not repeat the same mistake again.
WILD ROSE: A state of apathy and lack of interest in life
ROCK ROSE: determination, fortitude and readiness to face anything in life, will help one succeed in life
My domestic help Anu cried saying that she has been abandoned with her child, by her husband a few years ago.
She is trying to earn and educate the boy. She lives with her poor mother, brother and sister-in-law. The sister-in-law is unhappy that this girl is being sheltered here and supported by the brother. This gives chance for lots of infighting between husband and wife. Anu feels guilty that she is the cause of her dear brother’s suffering.
She saw me giving Bach flower remedy to my mother and asked me what that is. I told her how it works. She requested me for some flowers for herself.
I gave her RESCUE REMEDY, PINE, CENTAURY, STAR OF BETHLEHEM, CHICORY, WHITE CHESTNUT and HONEY SUCKLE with WALNUT.
Reasons: guilt (Pine), feeling used (Centaury), trauma/ pain (Star of Bethlehem), unable to let go/ clinging to brother (Chicory, Walnut), thoughts which haunt day and night (White chestnut) and regret of the past (Honey Suckle).
Next morning she came smiling and said she was feeling confident that the troubles will be overcome. But within a day the sister-in-law created a huge fight and walked out of the house with her parents. Anu was so sad and kept saying “this is all because of me.” I gave her Larch. I gave her SWEET CHESTNUT to place in the NE corner of the room, and to sprinkle CRAB APPLE and WALNUT around the house.
For the mother I gave RED CHESTNUT and WILLOW.
For the brother, I gave OAK, CHICORY and WALNUT.
I asked Anu to do forgiveness and told her mother also to keep forgiving the daughter-in-law.
She came running next morning, “Amma, the house is peaceful. My sister-in-law returned and apologized to my brother. She actually fell at his feet and said she would never again fight over me. I have also apologized to her. We are a happy family now”.
Thank the flowers.
Since that day, nearly 2 months ago, Anu is now happily earning extra money by working in a courier company along with my household, her son is admitted to UKG and sister-in-law helps with the boy’s studies and looks after him. There is respect for Anu and all is well.
I am ever grateful to Naran and to the Flowers for the joy they bring to so many families.
Anu is the local advertiser of flower power in Kanchipuram!!! I have many people seeking remedies.
God Appeared To Me In The Form Of My Neighbours
Ramani lives in Avadi. She is a poor and a homemaker. She called me one day and said that somebody mentioned about me.
I asked her to visit me. She told me that she does not have money to travel or buy the pills I prescribe. Therefore, I asked her to chant the Bach Flower Remedies I prescribe. On and off she used to phone up to me and I will prescribe the remedies as per her expression.
When need is greatest, help is nearest
After six years of marriage, she became pregnant. She used to call me during pregnancy and chanted the flower remedies suggested by me. She called me just the day before she was expecting her first baby. She mentioned that there is nobody to help her nor can she afford to admit herself in a good hospital. In addition, her husband is busy working and so he will not be able to assist her either.
When need is greatest, help is nearest. Therefore, I prescribed her Bach Flower Remedy Sweet Chestnut. She chanted Sweet Chestnut. Soon after, four of her neighbours volunteered to help her. They admitted her in a hospital (CWC) and paid money for the delivery as well. She had a safe delivery.
Interestingly she’s yet to see me
Now she is calling me to handle the problems faced by her child. Interestingly, she had not met me yet. She is not taking the remedies either, but does chanting of flowers only.
Who connected her and me? Do I owe her anything? On the other hand, does she have any connections with me in anyway? Divinity has done it. Divinity is always with us, watches us and it controls everything. Nothing happens without a reason. If you can identify the reason, then healing happens for you. There is a temple in every street, for us to connect with divinity. When you are facing a problem, connect with divinity to solve it.